The Dauphin County Library System's Administrative Offices are located in the lower level of the McCormick Riverfront Library at 101 Walnut Street, on the corner of Front Street.
McCormick Riverfront Library
101 Walnut Street
Harrisburg, PA 17101
Fax: (717) 234-7479
Phone: (717) 234-4961
Fax: (717) 234-7479
Hours Of Operation
From Interstate I-83:
Exit 43 (Second Street). Follow Second Street to Walnut Street. Walnut is the first street past the Harrisburg Hilton. The library is on the left.
From PA Turnpike:
Exit 247 (Harrisburg East). Interstate 283 to Interstate 83 south.
From Interstate 81:
Exit 66 (Front Street). South on Front Street, past the Library and Pedestrian Bridge to Market Street. Left onto Market and left onto Second Street. Follow Second Street to Walnut Street. Walnut is the first street past the Harrisburg Hilton. The library is on the left.
A ramp from the lower entrance leads to an elevator which provides full access. Downtown Harrisburg sidewalk curbs are cut to accommodate wheelchairs, and audible signals accompany pedestrian crossing signals on traffic lights.
Five Ways to Park when visiting McCormick-Riverfront!
1. Street parking downtown is free after 5pm, Monday through Saturday.
2. Several green and white ‘Free 15-minute’ parking signs indicate spots located along North 2nd Street (starting at Walnut) for quick (drop-off/pickup) library visits.
For longer visits: Plentiful, prepaid parking spots are located throughout the Central Business District closer to the library: Visitors can use automated parking kiosks on the street to pay by quarters or credit card, via smartphone app, or pay by telephone. Both street parking and garages run specials for area visitors. Some options:
3. Prepaid: Quarters or credit card at the kiosk/meter: Street parking spots using quarters or credit card are available as close as one block away from The Library, on North 2nd Street at Walnut Street.
4. Prepaid: Pay by phone app: The City of Harrisburg offers great street parking discounts through their Parkmobile app! (Enter Code LUVHBG for 4 hours of free parking Saturdays, or Enter Code AFTER5 for discounted parking, 5:00-7:00pm weekdays).
5. Prepaid: Pay by telephone: Visitors can also prepay for spots by phone: To register and/or start or extend Parkmobile parking sessions call: 877-727-5281 (877-PARK-281).
6. Garage parking (cash or credit card): The River Street Parking Garage (218 North 2nd Street near Locust Street) offers a $3.00 Brunch special, 11:30am-1:30pm weekdays. Pay when you are ready to exit the garage. There is a PSECU ATM onsite at the garage.
Bike parking is plentiful using bike lockstands right outside The Library door. Across the street from The Library is the Riverfront Park Station for Zagster, a bike-sharing service. Zagster has opened 8 bike sharing stations located throughout the Downtown, Midtown and City Island areas. Low-cost annual membership allows for a 2-hour free ride daily. One of the greenest ways to visit The Library!
For more information: http://bike.zagster.com/harrisburg/