The Library now has all eight of it's locations open.
In keeping with the state’s COVID-19 “green precautions” designed to keep everyone safe, our staff thoroughly sanitizes public areas throughout the day. Members can also use our public computers or bring their own laptops and access The Library's free Wi-Fi.
The Library asks that members wear masks at all times when inside our buildings. Masks are available for those who need one. Click here to see the safety measures we have in place.
• Curbside pickup – order books and materials and we’ll bring them to your car at most locations!
• Book Advisor – let us help you find your next great read!
The Library has all of its eight locations open.
Most libraries are offering seniors-only hour from 10:00 a.m. - 11:00 a.m. on Tuesdays and Thursdays.
In all of our buildings...
We’ll bring materials out to you at most locations...
Some meeting rooms are now available...
Library Meeting Rooms - Now Available
or use a Virtual Community Room
The show must go on...
For your safety and that of library staff, we are taking the following precautions:
1. All staff and members will wear masks at all times when inside our buildings. For added safety, staff members will be also be wearing gloves and may be wearing face shields.
2. All borrowed items must be returned in a book drop. Staff cannot accept items handed to them at curbside. All returned materials will be quarantined for 72 hours.
3. Plexiglass panels have been installed at all service desks.
4. Staff will clean all service desks, including keyboards and mice once every two hours. This cleaning will include all check-in stations and counters.
5. During walk-throughs, staff will clean tables, and chairs once every two hours.
6. Public computer stations will be cleaned between each use.
7. Doors, railings, and other heavily touched areas will be cleaned once every two hours.
8. Restroom cleanings will continue as regularly scheduled.
9. Toys have been removed from our children's areas.
10. Meeting Rooms will be thoroughly cleaned by staff between each community use.
You are welcome to use library computers.
- Computer users will be required to wear masks at all times inside the building.
- The number of computer users in the building will be limited, based on the number of computers available.
- Computers will be cleaned between each usage
- Computer assistance will be available through chat.
Members are welcome in all of our libraries to choose books
- Building occupancy will be kept to 75% of capacity.
- Furnishing and equipment will be removed or moved to allow for safe social distancing.
- Safety equipment has been installed at member services desks.
- Signage will help members maintain safe social distances during the checkout process.
- Members are encouraged to take advantage of our Curbside Pickup service when and where it is possible.
- Please continue return all borrowed items to a book drop.
Looking for quick pick up of books and other materials? Let us bring them to your car.
Curbside Pickup* is available – all materials that are placed on hold through our catalog or Book Advisor can be picked up.
*Curbside Pickup is not available at McCormick Riverfront Library or Johnson Memorial Library.
Books you had on hold before we closed can be delivered to one of our open libraries. Call your local library for help with changing the delivery location
Please return all borrowed items to a book drop. Staff cannot accept items handed to them at curbside.
Ready for your next great read? Try the service customized for you-- Book Advisor.
Are you looking for that next book but don’t know where to start? Just give us some information about your reading tastes and we’ll send you a list that hopefully contains your next read!
The Library’s staff is here to give you personalized recommendations, place them on hold for you, and deliver them to your car when they are ready for Curbside Pickup where it is available.
Join us for a Born to Read, Toddler Storytime, Preschool Storytime, or Family Storytime.
Registration is open now!
Have more questions? Please contact us >