Fall Book Sale
Collection and Sorting
Thursday, September 29,
10:00 am – 6:00 pm
Friday, September 30
10:00 am - 4:30 pm
Saturday, October 1
10:00 am to 2:00 pm
Wednesday, October 5
1:00 pm – 6:00 pm
Thursday, October 6
10:00 am – 7:00 pm
Friday, October 7
10:00 am to 4:30 pm
Saturday, October 8
10:00 am to 2:00 pm
- To raise funds in support of the East Shore Area Library (ESAL)
- We are a nonprofit group. Most of the money we raise goes directly to the ESAL.
- We keep a small balance for operating expenses.
- In 2019, we donated $32,525.00 to the ESAL.
- Over the past five years, we have given ESAL $139,225.00 from our fundraising. This enables the library to purchase books, shelving, chairs, display fixtures, a Microform reader, educational toys, book carts and more.
- We raised $50,000.00 for the renovation of the former computer lab into a special room for children's programming, known now as the Dr. Henry Greenawald Room.
- 200 members (as of March 15, 2021)
- Membership year - January 1 to December 31
- We continually accept new and renewing members
- One annual members' meeting in September with guest speaker and refreshments
- "Members' Only" book sale (one day before the book sale opens to the public)
- Just Between Friends newsletter (View pdf >)
- Open to anyone at least 18yars old; families may join
- Levels of Membership
- Individual - $5.00
- Bookworm - $20.00 ($5 membership and $15.00 donation)
- Booklover - $30.00 ($5.00 membership and $25.00 donation)
- Bibliomaniac - $50.00 ($5.00 membership and $45.00 donation)
- Donations accepted at any time
- Book Sales | All of our books are donated.
- Volunteer opportunities involve helping to collect, sort and organize books for the book sales. Call Bonnie Hindman at (717) 433-8055 if you wish to help with a book sale.
- Assist with various ESAL projects
- Group email for library advocacy
- Sponsor library programs such as Summer Reading Club prizes or library programs for adults, etc.
- Member of Pennsylvania Citizens for Better Libraries (PCBL)
- Member of Pennsylvania Library Association (PaLA)
- Sometimes we offer financial support for DCLS programs
- Board meetings are held once a month
- All activities are at the ESAL
We currently have 47 Individual memberships, 40 Bookworms, 30 Booklovers, and 43 Bibliomaniacs. We have 7 new members. There are 4 families and 214 members.
The 2021 FESAL Board
President - Betty Ann Petroski firstname.lastname@example.org
Vice-President - Bonnie Hindman email@example.com
Treasurer - Tom Boone
Recording Secretary - Barbara Eitnier
Corresponding Secretary - Kathy Hord
Members-at-Large - Patricia Crawford, Anna Franco, Mel Philips, Larry Geesey, Andy Morrison
(one position to be filled)
2021 Committee Chairpersons
Advocacy - to be filled
By-Laws - Toom Boone
Community Relations - Sandy Stoner
Historian - to be filled
Hospitality - Nancy Musmanno and Mary Egan Membership - Betty Ann Petroski
Newsletter - Pat Lacasse
Photographer - Barbara Eitnier
Publicity and Public Relations - to be filled
Website Coordinator - Andy Morrison
Ways and Means - Bonnie Hindman and Kathy Hord
Immediate Past President - Fred Heagy