An Equal Opportunity Employer.
If you have been asked to submit an online application for an unlisted position – please click here and be sure to specify the position for which you are applying.
DAUPHIN COUNTY LIBRARY SYSTEM IS CURRENTLY SEEKING QUALIFIED APPLICANTS FOR THE FOLLOWING POSITIONS:
Dauphin County Library System is seeking a part time page at the East Shore Area Library to empty book drops, check in materials using the circulation system, return library materials to the shelves or display units and maintain order of materials on shelves and display units. The page also assists patrons with the use of library equipment.
- Basic computer keyboarding skills and completion of eighth grade are required.
- If under age 18, a work permit is required.
- The successful candidate will be able to lift 30 pounds and reach and bend to place materials on shelves, as well as, kneeling and sitting on the floor during programs.
Rate of Pay
The starting rate is $7.60/hr.
This position has the schedule of Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday 9:30 AM- 5:00 PM
Public Services Assistant
Dauphin County Library System is seeking a full-time and a part time public services assistant. The full-time position is located at Madeline L. Olewine Memorial Library and the part-time position is at Northern Dauphin Library. The public services assistant provides exceptional customer service in person, on the phone and email. The successful public services assistant uses computer software for circulation of materials and offers basic reference service.
- High school diploma or GED.
- Training or experience with computer keyboarding and basic office software.
- One-year experience dealing with the public.
- Ability to lift 30 lbs. unassisted to place materials on high and low shelves.
- Ability to reach and bend to place books on shelves, kneeling and sitting on the floor during tasks.
Rate of Pay
$9.55 per hour
Full-Time Position at Madeline L. Olewine Memorial Library has the schedule of:
Week 1: Monday 9:15 AM – 6:15 PM, Tuesday 12:15 PM – 7:15 PM, Wednesday 9:30 AM – 7:15 PM, Thursday 9:30 AM – 6:15 PM, Friday off, Saturday 9:15 AM - 2:15 PM
Week 2: Monday 9:15 AM – 6:15 PM, Tuesday 1:15 PM – 7:15 PM, Wednesday 9:30 AM – 7:15 PM, Thursday 9:30 AM – 6:15 PM, Friday 11:15 AM – 5:15 PM
Part-Time Position at Northern Dauphin Library has the schedule of:
Week 1& 2: Monday 4:15 PM – 8:15 PM, Tuesday 1:00 PM – 6:00 PM, Wednesday 1:00 PM – 5:30 PM, Saturday 9:45 AM - 2:15 PM
Week 3: Monday 4:15 PM – 8:15 PM, Tuesday 3:15 PM – 8:15 PM, Wednesday 1:00 PM – 5:30 PM, Saturday 9:45 AM - 2:15 PM
Dauphin County Library System is seeking a full-time and a part-time outreach vehicle pilot. The successful candidate is detailed oriented, community focused individual with enthusiasm for making community connections. The position will provide services as an extension of The Library in multiple locations across Dauphin County. The outreach pilot will help to develop community partners and establish relationships with patrons who do not visit The Library on a regular basis by giving information and performing library programs for various age ranges.
- High school diploma or General Equivalency Development (GED).
- Two years of customer service experience required.
- One year of experience working directly with youth, preferred.
- Technology experience required.
- Requires a current and valid driver’s license with a minimum of three years driving experience.
- Requires excellent customer service.
- Requires excellent communication skills.
- Ability to lift 50 lbs. unassisted, bending and reaching.
Rate of Pay
$11.16 per hour
Full-Time Position of 37.5 hours per week have the hours of:
11:00 AM – 5:00 PM
11:30 AM – 8:00 PM
Tuesday & Wednesday
9:00 AM – 5:30 PM
11:30 AM – 8:00 PM.
Part-Time Position of 24 hours per week have the hours of:
11:00 AM – 8:00 PM
Thursday, Friday & Saturday
9:00 AM – 3:30 PM.
Volunteer Opportunities at The Library
Ask for a volunteer application when you check out your books!
Whether you're looking for a new career, a second job, or just need help with your resume The Library's Job Help Center is a great place to start. Our goal is to provide you with the resources you need to prepare for an interview and find a job. Click Here >>