Freading on a Computer and eReader
- Using an Internet browser, visit https://dcls.freading.com.
- Log in using your Library Card Number and PIN.
- If you don’t already have Adobe Digital Editions installed, you can download and install it from this page. Follow the prompts on the screen to create an Adobe ID.
- Browse the collection for an eBook.
- Click on the eBook cover and select the [Download epub] link below the cover.
- A dialog box will appear. Click the [Open] button to proceed with the download. (NOTE: If you are using Safari on a Mac, you will have to open the Downloads folder and double‐click on the eBook file to open it)
- The eBook will open in Adobe Digital Editions. You can enjoy the eBook on your computer.
- If you would like to transfer Freading eBooks to your eReader, start by connecting your eReader to your computer.
- Adobe Digital Editions will recognize the device the first time you plug it in. Go through the setup assistant to activate your eReader.
- On the top left corner of the screen, click the [Library View] option. The eReader icon will appear on the left panel of the screen.
- Drag the eBook from the borrowed items list and drop it on top of the device’s icon. The eBook will be transferred to your device.