Friends of the Library
The Friends of Elizabethville Area Library
The Friends of the Elizabethville Area Library invite all library lovers to join them as they plan fundraising events, programs for the library, and auctions.
- Number of members: 12 on board, 44 total
- Frequency of meetings: Last Tuesday of Month. No meeting in December.
- Average number attending meetings: 8-11
- Frequency of book sales: 2010 once a month, 2011 quarterly first one March
- Where books are stored: Off site, a room at Upper Dauphin Human Services.
- Where sales are held: Elizabethville Library meeting room
- Other regular & special Friends activities: Annual meeting, 2 or 3 Adult craft programs a year, Annual Chinese Auction—there major fund raiser, Provide refreshments and support for the Elizabethville Library Art Series, Sponsor Author on the Road Series— with local middle schools (Halifax and Upper Dauphin) to provide a author visit to the schools, Purchase refreshments, craft materials and help with juvenile programs as requested. Collect Campbell box tops, sell Friends canvas bags and Elizabethville Library replica (Hometown Collectable)
- Books are dropped off at the library, moved to a table in the meeting room and the Friends move the books to their storage facility at least once a month—more weather permitting or if the manager tells them there are too many down there. The storage facility is across the street from the library.
- The Friends have decided to take advantage of the system advertising a specific pick up time for donations. It will be from 4:30 -6:30 PM on the day of their regular monthly meeting. Pick up will be the last Tuesday of each month from 4:30 -6:30.
Learn More about becoming a Friend of the Library
Friends of Elizabethville Area Librarys
Make Christmas Special Program
Location: Elizabethville Area Library
12:30 p.m. - 2:00 p.m. Saturday, December 8, 2012
6:00 p.m. - 7:30 p.m. Tuesday, December 11, 2012
Children of all ages can make Christmas Special by coming to the Elizabethville Area Library to hear holiday stories, make crafts and enjoy Christmas cookies. A special visitor will help welcome the holiday season. This free program is sponsored by The Friends of The Elizabethville Library. Registration is required. To register call the library at 362-9825 or click on the date above you want to attend.
Elizabethville Vice President